Dr Frankie Connell
Practices at: BMI The London Independent Hospital
Dr Connell is in the specialist register as a General Adult Psychiatrist and has a Liaison endorsement.
She works holistically and collaboratively with patients and has always been very interested in the transcultural aspects of mental health. She believes that giving ample consideration to the cultural and spiritual aspects of a person is essential to achieving recovery and maintaining recovery.
Dr Connell has a strong interest in mindfulness and meditation and the positive impact that this has on managing stress, mental health problems and pain. She has her own daily meditation practice.
Outside of work, Dr Connell is very passionate about fitness and exercise and considers this very important in terms of achieving and maintaining good mental health. She also has an enduring love of punk and rock music, vintage fashion and design.
- Schizophrenia and psychosis
- Mood disorders
- Stress and anxiety-related disorders
- Psychiatric complications of HIV/AIDS-depression, anxiety, adjustment reactions
- HIV-related brain involvement: mania, psychosis, encephalopathy, PML etc.
- Mindfulness in prevention of relapse of depression and anxiety disorders
- Fellow of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)