Fraz's undergraduate training was at the London teaching hospital Charing Cross and Westminster medical school qualifying in 1993. He completed his specialist orthopaedic training at the University of Leicester teaching hospitals, Trent training programme attaining the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons in Trauma & Orthopaedics in 2006. He went on to achieve dual fellowship training in knee and shoulder surgery.
Fraz has a specialist interest in the treatment of young osteoarthritic knees with procedures such as high tibial and femoral osteotomy, articular cartilage repair surgery and unicompartmental knee replacements. The management of sports injuries was a focus of his fellowship training and he performs ACL reconstructions, complex knee multi ligament reconstruction, and arthroscopic meniscal repair. His NHS practice is based at the Royal Orthopaedic Hospital where he performs over 150 total knee replacements a year as well as complex primary and revision knee arthroplasty surgery.
The other half of his practice is dealing with shoulder problems ranging from shoulder joint replacements to arthroscopic procedures for impingement, instability and stiffness. His special interest is in cuff repair solutions with work on repair augmentation, SCR and subacromial interposition.
Fraz is an Academy Tutor for the University of Birmingham undergraduate training program and an educational supervisor for specialist orthopaedic registrar training in Birmingham.
Fraz works in conjunction with the other members of the Birmingham Knee and Shoulder Clinic and is a member of the MIdlands Orthopaedic Practice group.
- Knee surgery
- Ligament reconstruction
- Treatment of osteoarthritis including cartilage repair and osteotomy
- Knee sports injuries including meniscal repair
- Management of anterior knee pain and patella instability
- Partial and total knee replacement surgery
- Revision knee replacement surgery
- Shoulder arthroscopic treatment of subaromial impingement and rotator cuff repair
- Surgery for irrepairable rotator cuff tears and cuff arthropathy
- Arthroscopic treatment of shoulder instability and dislocation
- Treatment for acromioclavicular joint problems
- Treatment of frozen shoulders
- Shoulder replacement surgery both anatomic and reverse
- Revision shoulder replacement surgery
- Fellow of the British Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)