Surgical procedures performed during my training include:-
Cataract extraction and lens implant surgery: 386
Ocular trauma surgery: 163
Cataract extraction only: 143
Strabismus surgery: 33
Eyelid and minor operative ocular procedures: 29
Orbital surgery: 26
Glaucoma surgery: 23
2. Part 2 Master of Medicine in Ophthalmology.
3. Part 1 examination of the The College of Surgeons (SA)
4. Step 1 of the USMLE examination (Sept 1994)
5. Step 2 of the USMLE examination (March 1995)
Registrations with Medical Councils:
2. Registered with the South African Medical and Dental Council. Full registration obtained on the 1st January 1987 - Registration Number: MP 29990
3. Accredited by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists London, UK as eligible to apply for consultant posts - 21 June 1996
• Recipient of the Tetje Pattison award for Ophthalmic Research in 1993, from the University of the Witwatersrand.
• Recipient of the Tetje Pattison award for Ophthalmic Research in 1996, from the University of the Witwatersrand.
Recent studies with presentations at International meetings.
1) Evaluation of blood pressure and glycated haemoglobin (Hb A1c) in diabetic retinopathy patients. V.A. Hedge, N. Siradkar, G. Palexas. Presented at RCO annual congress Birmingham 2003 abstract on page 73-74.
2) Epidemiological survey of Pterygium at NMUH. Bhaskar Gupta, George Palexas. The World Ophthalmological Congress. February 2006 Sao Paolo Brazil.
3) Blood pressure control and awareness of glycosylated haemoglobin (HbA1C) among a multiethnic diabetic population at a busy District General Hospital in London. S,Malik, G. Palexas. Presented at RCO annual congress Birmingham 2007, 22 till 24 May
4) Neovascular (Rubeotic) Glaucoma after ischaemic CRVO- Effectiveness of Early prophylactic PRP laser. American Academy of Ophthalmology meeting (Poster PO 098)
5) Patient awareness of glycaemic control. Where are we going wrong? Natkunarajah. M,Mapani. A, Amin. R, Palexas, G. Desai P. Oxford Eye Meeting 2015.
6) HbA1c levels in patients with Diabetic Maculopathy treated with anti-VEGF intra vitreal therapy. XXXIII Pan-American Congress of Ophthalmology, August 9-12, 2017, Lima, Peru.
7) Cholesterol and HDL levels in Patients with Neo-vascular Age-related Macular. XXXIII Pan-American Congress of Ophthalmology, August 9-12, 2017, Lima, Peru.
Degeneration, Diabetic Retinopathy and RVO, August 9-12, 2017, Lima, Peru.
8) Presumed acute zonal occult outer retinopathy (AZOOR) in a 33-year-old woman after childhood autologous bone marrow transplant and total body irradiation: A case report.
17th Euretina Congress, 7-10 th September 2107,Barcelona, Spain.
9) Choice of intravitreal anti-VEGF and dexamethasone therapy for retinal diseases over a 16 month period at a district general university hospital in Central London, UK
17th Euretina Congress, 7-10 th September 2107,Barcelona, Spain
Ocular Inflammation & Infection/Ocular path
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)