Mr Gary Mundy
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBChB, FRCS (Tr+Orth) FRCS, FRCSEd, FRCSGlasg, Diploma Sports Medicine
Practices at: BMI Three Shires Hospital
He entered the Mid Trent Orthopaedic Training Programme for specialist training in Orthopaedics in 2003 and passed the Intercollegiate Board examination in Orthopaedics in 2008, and completed his Diploma in Sports Medicine from the University of Bath in 2009.
For the final year of his training in 2009, Mr Mundy undertook a senior fellowship in lower limb arthroplasty with 6 months spent working at High Wycombe with Mr David Johnstone and 6 months based at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital at Stanmore, London working in the Joint Reconstruction Unit. This fellowship allowed experience and training in all aspects of lower limb arthroplasty including, complex primary reconstruction, rheumatoid surgery, hip resurfacing, all aspects of hip and knee revision surgery and the use of massive prostheses for tumour and limb salvage. Additionally, further experience in arthroscopic surgery of the knee included all basic knee problems as well as cruciate ligament reconstruction.
Mr Mundy was appointed as an NHS Consultant in Trauma and Orthopaedics at Northampton General Hospital in February 2010. He specialises in lower limb arthroplasty (joint replacement) of the hip and knee including both primary and revision surgery. He also undertakes resurfacing hip arthroplasty and knee arthroscopy.
- Soft tissue lumps/ Sarcoma
- Sports Injuries
- Trauma Injury Consultation
- Primary Hip and Knee Replacement
- Revision (Redo) hip and knee replacement
- Patellofemoral (kneecap) replacement
Mr Mundy is completing a degree in medical law and has a keen interest in hip and knee infections.
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS Eng)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh (FRCS Ed)
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of Glasgow (FRCSGlasg)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- British Hip Society (BHS)
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee (BASK)
- British Patellofemoral Society
- British Orthopaedic Oncology Society (BOOS)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)