Mr Talawadekar completed his Undergraduate and Post graduate training in Trauma and Orthopaedics at University of Pune, India, in 2003, for which he was awarded the Master of Surgery (M.S) and Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B.) degrees.
There he worked in tertiary referral centres in Pune and Mumbai prior to moving to the UK. After completing basic surgical training, he undertook six years Orthopaedic training in the UK from 2007. He gained multiple qualifications including FRCS (Tr & Orth) and Dip, Sports and Exercise medicine (UK&Ire).
He has completed Fellowship training in shoulder, elbow and sports surgery in the UK and Canada.
He has been working as Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon in the NHS since July 2016.
In 2018, Mr Talawadekar has been awarded a Certificate of Excellence from iWantGreatCare after becoming one of their most highly and consistently recommended clinicians in 2018. Every year, millions of NHS patients leave feedback of their experience on iWantGreatCare, with Certificates of Excellence only being awarded to the clinicians who receive the most consistently positive patient feedback throughout the year, and demonstrate that they are serving their patients well and improving lives.
Mr Talawadekar is actively involved in research with multiple National and International presentations and publications in peer reviewed journals. He is also a keen trainer and junior doctor educator, and was awarded 'Teacher of the year' award in 2011.
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Furness General Hospital/Westmoreland General Hospital
- Shoulder Arthroscopy - Subacromial decompressions, rotator cuff repair, biceps tendon tenotomy tenodesis, AC joint debridement, Latarjet procedure, instabilis repair, frozen shoulder release
- Shoulder replacements - Hemiarthroplasty, anatomical and reverse replacements
- Shoulder/girdle trauma - Clavicle fracture fixations for acute fractures and non unions, proximal humeral fracture fixations, glenoid fracture fixations, CC ligament reconstruction, tight rope fixations for AC joint dislocation etc
- Open operations - Stabilisations, Cuff repair, proximal Biceps tendon tenodesis
- Arthroscopy - Stiff Elbow release, tennis elbow release, FB removal
- Arthroplasty - Hemiarthroplasty, total joint replacement, radial head replacement
- Elbow trauma
- Soft tissue procedures - Ligament reconstruction, tennis elbow release, golfers elbow release, Platelet Rich Plasma injections, nerve releases, distal biceps tendon rupture repair
Hand and Wrist
- Carpal tunnel release, trigger finger release
- Pyrocarbon replacements
- Arthroplasty - small joints of hand, wrist
- Wrist fusion and arthroscopy
- Dupuytrens fasciectomy
- Trauma - Wrist fractures, hand fractures, ligament injuries
- Arthroscopy - Meniscal repair/menisectomy, ligament reconstruction
- Trauma - Ultrasound guided injections (steroid, local anesthetic and durolane) to shoulder/elbow and wrist and hand
- Orthopaedic surgery - Shoulder/elbow and hand
- British Shoulder/Elbow society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)