Dr George MacFaul
BMBS, BMedSci & MRCP (UK)
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
He currently heads the nutrition team at Milton Keynes Hospital, is Gastroenterology training lead for the Trust and is a bed holder on the gastroenterology ward. He is also Head of the School of Medicine at the Oxford Deanery.
Dr MacFaul is an accredited Bowel Cancer Screening colonoscopist, with regular external auditing of the quality of his colonoscopy. He has been in private practice since 2006 and is happy to see all areas of gastroenterology and Hepatology. He is married to a Consultant Radiologist, lives in Steeple Claydon, and in his spare time plays squash and is a Wasps Rugby Season ticket holder.
- General Internal Medicine
Special clinical interests
- General gastroenterology
- Abdominal pain
- Dyspepsia and reflux disease
- Change in bowel habit
- Coeliac disease
- Pancreatic disease
- Deranged liver function tests
- Viral hepatitis
- Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease
- Inflamatory bowel disease
- Diagnosis and management of Ulcerative colitis and Crohns Disease
- Chronic liver disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Nutritional assessment
Principle Investigator at MKUH for a number of important Inflammatory Bowel Disease trials – including PANTs and PRED4 and chronic liver disease studies.
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Gastroenterologist MKUH (11 sessions per week)
- Head of School of Medicine, Oxford Deanery (3 sessions per week)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Royal College of Physicians of London
- British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)