Mr George Saleh
Consultant Ophthalmic & Oculoplastic Surgeon
BSc MBBS FRCS FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Manor Hospital
Mr George Saleh is a Consultant Ophthalmic and Oculoplastic Surgeon at Moorfields Eye Hospital based at the Bedford Unit and is the Cataract Surgical Lead. He draws regional referrals for watery eyes, eyelid, cancer and cosmetic work. He undertakes intraocular refractive work with premium IOLs.
He qualified in Medicine from Imperial College, London and underwent basic specialist training in Ophthalmology in the London and the East Anglia Regions before completing his higher specialist training at Moorfields Eye Hospital. He was awarded the Gold Medal as the most distinguished candidate for the clinical and surgical ophthalmic Fellowship Examination. During his undergraduate studies he was awarded the highest first class distinction for his BSc.
Following his core ophthalmic training he undertook an extended subspeciality fellowship in oculoplastic and lacrimal surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital focusing on conditions such as lid lumps, tumours and malpositions, watery eyes and lacrimal problems along with orbitofacial cosmetic surgery and rejuvenation. He has lectured widely both at national and international levels on peri-ocular facial plastics and cataract surgery.
George Saleh heads up several research teams investigating eye surgery and has published widely in the field along with receiving grants and awards for work on eyelid surgery, cataract surgery, diabetic retinopathy, watery eyes, general ophthalmology amongst others.
He is also:
- Visiting Professor at Cranfield University
- Senior Visiting Fellow at the University of Surrey
- Visiting Lecturer at Bedfordshire University
- Director of Simulation Training, Moorfields Eye Hospital
- London Deanery Virtual Reality Ophthalmology Training lead
- Head of the International Forum for Ophthalmic Simulation
- Lead of the National Collaboration on Eye Cancers
- Regional lead for the Intraocular Lens Study Group (currently running the Multifocal IOL trial)
- UK lead for the International Council of Ophthalmology’s Cataract Assessment Taskforce
Mr Saleh specialises in the following treatments:
- Cataract Surgery (Cataract Surgical Lead, Moorfields Eye Hospital Bedford) - Treating complicatated cataracts and including premium lenses
- Refractive procedures (Including Multifocal and Toric Intraocular Lenses)
Cosmetics - Eyelid and Brow work:
- Surgical and non-surgical eyelid, brow and oculofacial rejuvenation (including blepharoplasties, midface and brow work, peels)
- Eyelid tumours - including eyebrow, eye socket and surrounding areas (Regional Oculoplastic Cancer Lead and head of the National Cancer Ophthalmic Working Group) - Lid malpositions (droopy eyelids, excess skin, in and out turning lids)
- Periocular lumps and bumps (chalazion, stye, papillomas and skin blemishes) - Watery eyes and lacrimal problems (all forms of surgical and non-surgical treatments)
- General ophthalmology (Red, sore, burning, itchy or painful eyes, blurred vision, and other conditions)
- General Medical Council
- Medical Defence Union
- British Oculoplastic Surgical Society
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)