Dr Girija (Gij) Anand has been a consultant in clinical oncology at North Middlesex University Hospital NHS Trust since her appointment in January 2011. She also works at the Royal Free Hospital, Chase Farm site.
She obtained her MRCP in 2002. Completed her higher specialist training in clinical oncology at Mount Vernon Hospital, North Middlesex Hospital, Royal Free Hospital and Imperial College NHS Trust in 2009. Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists since September 2007.
Dr Anand has wide experience in the general oncological management of various tumour sites. Her expertise is in treating tumours of the breast, lung and skin (non melanoma) malignancies. This includes the delivery of novel radiotherapy techniques and medical oncology.
She has an active interest in research, teaching and recruits into national and commercial clinical trials.
Another key area of interest is service development in the modern NHS. Her subsequent leadership roles included:
- Acute oncology lead 2011-2012 and member of London Cancer Acute Oncology External Reference Group 2012
- Radiotherapy lead for London cancer skin pathway board established to streamline skin cancer pathways across north central London(2012-2017).
- Clinical Director for oncology & palliative care at North Middlesex (2014-2018),
- Radiotherapy Strategic lead for Royal Free London & North Middlesex University Hospitals 2018-2019
- Faculty member for Clinical Oncology at the Royal College of Radiologists since Sept2019
- Stereotactic Ablative Body Radiotherapy lead at North Middlesex University Hospital since 2019.