Mr Glefy Furtado
MBBS, DGO, MRCOG
Practices at: BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital
Mr Glefy Furtado is a Consultant Gynaecologist and Obstetrician and Lead Urogynaecologist in Wexham Park Hospital, Slough, and Heatherwood Hospital, Ascot, Berkshire.
Mr Furtado's specialist interests include Urogynaecology, Minimal access surgery (keyhole surgery) & Acute gynaecology.
His private practice is based in the Spire Thames Valley Hospital, St Anthony's Hospital in Cheam, Parkside in Wexham Park Hospital and the Princess Margaret Hospital, Windsor.
- Post CCT (post graduate) Experience
- Post CCT (post-graduation) fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery/Robotic surgery from Frimley hospital in 2012
- Fellowship in University of Sydney, Penrith in 3D & 4D pelvic floor USS in February 2014
- Advanced training skill module (ATSM) in Advanced labour ward practice - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2010
- An ATSM in Maternal Medicine (high risk obstetrics) - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2010
- An ATSM in Medical Education - Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists in 2011
In addition to the full gamut of gynaecology procedures Mr Furtado has special interest in pelvic floor reconstruction, prolapse surgery, vaginal hysterectomy, incontinence surgery, laparoscopic total hysterectomy, open abdominal hysterectomy, myomectomy, hysteroscopic resection of polyps, abdominal and transvaginal ultrasound scans in early pregnancy and acute gynaecology.
He is an Examiner for the RCOG exams and also an Equivalence Adviser for the Equivalence Committee for the RCOG(Certification of entry for the Specialty route)
He is a governance committee member for the British Society of Urogynaecology (BSUG). He has been involved in the Accreditation of Urogynaecology Units in the country.
- Minimal access surgery
- Advanced hysteroscopic procedures
- Sacrospinous fixation
- European Society of Gynae Endoscopy
- British Society of Urogynaecology
- International Urogynaecology Association
- Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists
- Life Member of the Indian Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)