Dr Sobey has been a consultant dermatologist since 2001, with extensive experience and expertise in medical and surgical dermatology, including cosmetic dermatology and skin cancer. Dr Sobey regularly lectures at both a national and international level, and holds the position of honorary senior lecturer at The University of Sheffield.
All aspects of dermatology are seen, diagnosed and treated in her clinic including:
- Skin biopsy for diagnosis, skin cancer removal, skin cancer treatment of the face, skin lesion removal.
- Skin cancer screening and diagnosis including basal cell carcinoma, squamous cell carcinoma and melanoma.
- Treatment of pre-cancerous conditions including actinic keratosis and Bowen’s disease.
- Acne and rosacea · Advice on care of the skin including topical treatments.
- All rashes including eczema, psoriasis, urticaria, rashes of pregnancy, melasma, facial skin problems.
- Skin conditions of elderly people.
- Allergic skin conditions.
- Female genital skin conditions including lichen sclerosus.
- Skin infections.
- Mole checking, mole removal.
- Skin checks.
- Removal of lumps and bumps.
- Surgical procedures: skin.
Dr Sobey regularly lectures both nationally and internationally and holds the position of honorary senior lecturer at The University of Sheffield.
Dr Sobey is available for consultation regarding all skin diseases and skin conditions in adults. She performs regular skin cancer checks and skin surgery, allowing her to follow her patients from diagnosis and treatment to follow up. As skin cancer becomes a more common condition, Dr Sobey is happy to see any patients with worries or queries about irregularities in their skin including moles and any blemishes.