Mr Guy Finch
Consultant General & Gastrointestinal Surgeon
MB, ChB, FRCS, MD
Practices at: BMI Three Shires Hospital
In 2003 he was the Leicester Mercury ‘Doctor of the Year’ and was nominated for an East Midlands Healthcare award in 2010.
Mr Finch has an honorary contract with the University Hospitals of Leicester, where he performs joint operations for upper GI cancer. He is the only surgeon in Northamptonshire with an ongoing interest in upper GI cancer and is the NGH Trust lead for upper GI/HPB surgery.
Mr Finch has also been the lead clinician for laparoscopic cholecystectomy, overseeing an improvement in day case rates from 4% to 72% and introduced laparoscopic splenectomy to Northampton. He has extensive experience of operations for reflux disease, hiatus hernia and achalasia and is referred cases from across the East Midlands.
He is probably best known currently for his expertise with laparoscopic hernia repair, mainly inguinal and incisional but also rarer hernias. Mr Finch is one of the most experienced surgeons in the country for laparoscopic incisional hernia repair and is referred patients from across the East Midlands. In addition to performing this type of surgery, Mr Finch has taught the technique to other consultants and given lectures for the Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons. During 2013 he has four presentations on incisional hernias accepted for the Association of Surgeons meeting, two in the distinction category.
To book an appointment with Mr Finch please click on the link above or you can call the hospital directly on 01604 620311. A referral letter will be required for all new patients.
General Laparoscopic Surgeon with Specialist Interest in Upper Gastro-intestinal and Hepato-pancreatico-biliary (HPB) disorders.
Upper GI / HPB procedures include:
- Upper gastro-intestinal cancer work, resection and palliation
- Surgery for reflux disease and benign Upper GI disorders (dysmotility, ulcer disease and hiatus hernia repair).
- Biliary disease including laparoscopic cholecystectomy and open bile duct exploration
- Benign liver and pancreatic disease, including cyst drainage
- Splenic disorders including laparoscopic splenectomy
General procedures including:
- Hernia surgery – laparoscopic and open repair under general or local anaesthetic
- Inguinal hernia, femoral hernia, incisional hernia, umbilical hernia, epigastric hernia, Spigelian hernia, hiatus hernia (sliding and rolling), rare herniae (parastomal, lumbar, diaphragmatic etc)
- Skin lesions
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy, gastroscopy and sigmoidoscopy, PEG insertion and oesophageal stenting
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
- Association of Upper GI Surgeons (AUGIS)
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMSS)
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (ALS)
- European Association of Endoscopic Surgery (EAES)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)