Professor Harpreet Singh Ahluwalia
MBBS, MS, MRCOphth, FRCS, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Meriden Hospital
Professor Harpreet Ahluwalia joined the University Hospitals of Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust (UHCW) as a Consultant Ophthalmologist with a special interest in oculoplastics, orbital and adnexal surgery in 2003. He has spent over 30 years in full time ophthalmology gaining comprehensive training in all aspects of ophthalmology. He received his higher surgical training in ophthalmology at University Hospital of Wales Cardiff. He has spent over two years sub specialising in ophthalmic, plastic and reconstructive surgery, first at Moorfields Eye Hospital, London and then at the Royal Perth Hospital, Perth Australia.
Professor Harpreet Ahluwalia has an expertise in eyelid surgery, tear duct surgery, aesthetic (cosmetic) eyelid surgery and offers cosmetic blepharoplasties (upper and lower eyelids), brow lifts, anti wrinkle injections for facial lines and fillers, excision of moles, lumps and cysts.
He deals with all aspects of ophthalmology, but has a special interest in ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery viz, tightening of eyelids, ptosis correction, tear duct surgery, orbital surgery, excision of moles, lumps, cysts, skin tags etc. He has specific expertise in dealing with periocular (around the eye and on the eyelids) malignancy and is lead clinician ophthalmic cancer services at UHCW.
Professor Ahluwalia is the author of over 60 peer reviewed publications in international journals and regularly presents at national and international meetings. His training programme in oculoplastics is approved by the Royal College of Ophthalmologists for senior registrars choosing to sub specialise in ophthalmic plastic surgery. Professor Ahluwalia is the head of postgraduate training in the West Midlands.
Professor Ahluwalia is married to Navneet and has two children Nimrat and Triman. He is passionate about cricket and enjoys travelling.
Professor Harpreet Ahluwalia is part of MEyeS (Midland Eye Surgeons) a partnership of ophthalmic surgeons. MEyeS is based at The Meriden Hospital and provides a comprehensive ophthalmic practice.
- Orbital (Eye socket) – removal of non-seeing, unsightly or painful eyes with orbital implantation
- Lacrimal (Tear duct problems)
- Aesthetic eyelid surgery (Blepharoplasties)
- Facial rejuvenation (injections and fillers)
- Brow lifts
- Oculoplastics – Ophthalmic plastic and reconstructive surgery, including correction of eyelid problems including droopy lids, eyebags, eyelid malposition, lumps and bumps including cancers
- American Academy of Ophthalmology (AAO)
- Royal College of Ophthalmologists London
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
- British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS)
- European Society of Ophthalmic Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery (ESOPRS)
- General Medical Council
- Midland Ophthalmological Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)