Dr Helen Dormand
MA, MBBChir, MRCP
Practices at: BMI Ross Hall Hospital
She qualified from the University of Cambridge in1998. She completed the majority of her cardiology training in the large specialist cardiac units of Manchester Royal Infirmary and South Manchester Foundation Trust, with additional training in cardiovascular MRI at the Royal Brompton Hospital.
Dr Dormand co-founded the cardiac and haemaglobinopathy clinic service in Central Manchester, utilising non-invasive echo and cardiac MRI to improve patient care and led both the chest pain and heart fitness for surgery services. She is a registered trainer with the GMC and holds accreditation in echo, cardiac MRI and CT.
She currently serves as Faculty for the Royal College of Physicians of Edinburgh Quality Governance Collaborative.
- Diagnosis and screening with echo/MRI
- Chest pain
- Heart murmur/valve problem
- Heart muscle problem (cardiomyopathy)
- Fitness for surgery
- Heart care in sickle cell disease/thalassaemia
- Stress echo
Current NHS and /or University Posts
Golden Jubilee Hospital, Glasgow
- British Cardiac Society
- British Society of Echocardiography
- British society of Cardiovascular MRI
- European Society of Cardiovascular Imaging
- Royal College Physicians of Edinburgh
- Scottish Cardiac Society
- Society of Cadiovascular CT
- Society of Cardiovascular MRI
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)