Mr Henry Andrews
Consultant Urological Surgeon
MBBS, FRCS, FRCSi, FRCS(Urol), FEBU, MBA
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
After mandatory training years, Mr Andrews took further training in L’IMM – L’institut Mutualiste Montsouris in Paris as a laparoscopic and robotic fellow for a year. This work involved learning to use laparoscopy and robots in the treatment of prostate cancer. And also laparoscopy (keyhole) in treating kidney diseases including cancer.
Since becoming a consultant at Milton Keynes General NHS Trust, Mr Andrews has set up several such services as relevant to his specialist training, including saturation biopsies of the prostate, laparoscopy (keyhole) for kidney diseases and stone surgery services. A dedicated stone clinic is now up and running.
Mr Andrews is directly involved in the training and appraisal of junior doctors and has recently been appointed an examiner to the intercollegiate college of surgeons for the clinical aspect of the MRCS – membership of the royal college of surgeons. Mr Andrews continues to develop these new services at MKGH, and provide similar services privately at BMI The Saxon Clinic.
- Minimally invasive surgery, including endourology, stones, and laparoscopic surgery
- Mr Andrews performs percutaneous nephrolithotomy (minimal access surgery) for large kidney stones, and laser stone surgery for smaller stones
- He also performs laparoscopic ‘keyhole’ surgery to repair or remove the kidney in case of cancer
- Mr Andrews provides in-depth assessment, investigation and management of prostate diseases, and management of urinary incontinence.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons England
- Fellow of the Royal college of Surgeon
- Ireland Fellow of the intercollegiate board of Urology
- Fellow of European Board of Urology
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)