Mr Iain Angus Richard MacLeod
Consultant Orthopaedic & Upper Limb Surgeon
BSc(Hons) MBBS MRCS FRCS(Trauma & Orthopaedics)
Practices at: BMI Sarum Road Hospital
Mr MacLeod studied medicine at St Mary's Hospital in London and qualified in 2000. He undertook his basic surgical training, and subsequently his specialist orthopaedic training in London and the South West Thames region. In 2009, he undertook a year's specialist Fellowship training in the highly renowned Upper Limb Unit in Brisbane. He subsequently underwent a further six months' advanced fellowship training at the nationally renowned Wrightington Upper Limb Unit. Mr MacLeod was also awarded the Watanabe Travelling Fellowship which allowed him to undertake further training with UK leaders in the field of shoulder surgery, including the most up to date arthroscopic (keyhole) techniques.
In 2011 Mr MacLeod took up his Consultant post at the Royal Hampshire County Hospital. He has published a number of research papers on upper limb surgery which have been presented nationally and internationally. Mr MacLeod specialises in all aspects of shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand surgery and uses the latest arthroscopic and open surgical techniques.
He specialises in the following procedures and conditions:
- Shoulder: arthroscopic rotator cuff repairs, arthroscopic shoulder stabilisation and shoulder arthroplasty
- Elbow: arthroscopic procedures, stabilisation and arthroplasty
- Wrist: arthroscopic and open procedures
- Hand: carpal tunnel, arthritis, Duyputren's Sports injuries and trauma
- Mr MacLeod specialises in surgery of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand
- He has extensive experience of managing a wide variety of upper limb conditions
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
- British Society for Surgery of the Hand (BSSH)
- Royal College of Surgeons
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)