Mr Ian Beckingham
Consultant General Surgeon and Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeon
BM BS Bmed Sci FRCS DM, Hunterian Professor, Advanced laparoscopic trainer (Royal College of Surgeons)
Practices at: BMI The Park Hospital
He has pioneered keyhole surgery of the liver and pancreas in the UK and has been on the Councils of the Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons of GB (ALS), Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (AUGIS - Secretary 2009 - 14; President 2014-15) and currently on the Council of the Association of Surgeons of GB&I (ASGBI). He is on the Board of examiners for the Final FRCS Surgical fellowship. He is a regular speaker at National and International Surgical Conferences.
He set up and ran the MAESTrO Laparoscopic Training Unit for the East Midlands and teaches and trains at National and International meetings. He has given a number of live demonstrations of surgical techniques at International meetings. He has written more than 120 Scientific Surgical papers and maintains an interest in audit (developing the Surgical Workload Outcomes Data Research tool (SWORD) to allow surgeons to see their own results in relation to their peers). He has written surgical texts on the management of Gallstone disease and bile duct stones and hernia complications.
His special areas of expertise at BMI The Park Hospital include keyhole surgery for Hernias and Gallbladders / Gallstones (Cholecystectomy). There are very few patients that cannot have keyhole surgery which has been proven to be superior to “open” surgery with less pain, faster return to work and normal activities, and less long term pain issues and complications. A recent audit showed 99% of gallbladder and hernia Mr Beckingham’s procedures were achieved laparoscopically (keyhole) and 95% of his patients were performed as Daycase procedures.
- Minimally Invasive (Keyhole) Hernia Surgery – hernias of all types and sizes can nearly always be repaired keyhole
- Surgery for Heartburn (Anti-reflux Surgery / Laparoscopic Fundoplication)
- Weight Loss Surgery / Gastric Banding (Bariatric Surgery)
- Surgery for Liver and Pancreatic Cancer
- Specialist in Management of Gallstone Disease, including Laparoscopic Cholecystectomy (Keyhole removal of the Gallbladder) and Bile Duct Stones (via Keyhole, or Open Surgery and ERCP)
- Medical Protection Society
- Association of Surgeons of GB & I
- Association of Laparoscopic Surgeons (Council Member)
- British Obesity and Metabolic Surgery Society (BOMS)
- Association of Upper Gastrointestinal Surgeons (Honorary Secretary)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)