Mr Ian Fearnley
MB; BS; FRCS (Ophth); FRCOphth.
Practices at: BMI Three Shires Hospital
Mr Fearnley's medical training was at the University of London, his pre-clinical studies and intercalated BSc were at King's College (London) and his clinical training at Westminster Medical School (now part of Imperial College).
His training in Ophthalmology was at:
- St.Bartholomew's Hospital, London
- St.Thomas' Hospital, London (where I was the Iris Fund Research Fellow for 3 years)
- Leicester Royal Infirmary
- Addenbrooke's Hospital, Cambridge
Mr Fearnley was appointed as Consultant Ophthalmologist at Northampton General Hospital NHS Trust in 1997, and after 3 years of being the College Tutor, became the Lead Clinician for the Eye Department in 2001, which post he held until 2008.
From 2002 to 2005 he was Clinical Director of Head and Neck Surgery. Since 2012 he has been College Tutor for a second term.
Additional roles at Northampton have included:
- Member of the Discretionary Points Committee
- Secretary of the Medical Staff Committee
- Member of the Doctors in Training Action Group
- Member of the Safeguarding Children Committee
- Member of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists Appointments Committee
- Ophthalmic representative on BMI Three Shires Medical Advisory Committee
- Most of the common conditions such as cataracts, glaucoma, minor lid problems and various visual disturbances
- Paediatric Ophthalmology, Strabismology ('squints') and Oculomotility (eye muscle imbalances)
- Uveitis and Scleritis (inflammatory eye disorders) and Neuro-ophthalmology
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (RCOpth)
- Fellow of the Royal Society of Medicine (RSM)
- Member of the Midland Ophthalmological Society (MOS)
- Member of the British Isles Paediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Association (BIPOSA)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)