Mr Imran Rafiq
Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBS, MRCS, MSc, MCh Orthopaedic, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
During his surgical training he first completed Masters Degree in Clinical Health Sciences from University of Central Lancashire and subsequently MCh in Orthopaedic Surgery. He completed Higher Surgical Training in Trauma & Orthopaedic Surgery in South West England and North West London. He then trained in sub-speciality of Spinal surgery by completing British Orthopaedic Association transitional fellowship at the Spinal Unit Stoke Mandeville Hospital/ National Spinal Cord Injury Centre.
He further expanded his expertise in complex spinal surgery and minimally invasive surgery by advance training in internationally renowned Spinal units at Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital Stanmore and Oxford University Hospitals. He has been trained in all aspects of Spinal surgery (including degenerative, deformity, tumour, trauma and infection) from cervical, thoracic and lumbosacral spine.
Mr Rafiq was appointed as Consultant Spinal Orthopaedic and Trauma surgery at Medway Maritime NHS Foundation Trust in 2016 Mr Rafiq has published and presented several scientific and research projects on various platforms. He is actively involved in teaching and training at national and international level.
- Treatment of sciatica (leg pain due to nerve root compression)
- Treatment of arm pain due to nerve root compression
- Epidural, facet and nerve root blocks spinal injections (cervical and lumbar spine)
- Focal spinal decompression
- Minimally invasive spinal surgery
- Spinal trauma
- Osteoporotic compression fractures
- Assessment of back and neck pain
- Degenerative spinal conditions
- British Association of Spine Surgeons
- North American Spine Surgeons Society
- AO Spine
- Royal College of Surgeons Edinburgh
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)