Mr Irfan Halim qualified in 2000 with distinctions from Guy’s and St Thomas’ Medical School and trained in General Surgery and subspecialties on the London Deanery North East Thames Higher Surgical Rotation, with a CCT in General Surgery. He has completed his specialist training in GI Surgery at UCL Hospitals with additional specialist training in cancer surgery at the Royal Marsden Hospital and bariatric surgery at the Homerton Hospital.
Mr Halim has done research in Laparoscopic Surgical Skills and Masters in Surgical Technologyat Imperial College in 2006, and he has further cosmetic/aesthetic training in botulinum toxin and filler injections, aesthetic surgery, hair transplantation and scar reduction surgery.
Other academic background:
- Qualified in Law with commendations awarded from the University of Law in 2010
- Bond Solon Expert witness report writing course completed
- Currently undertaking an executive MBA from USA with specialism in healthcare management
Previous Consultant posts undertaken at:
- Worcestershire Acute Hospitals
- Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trusts
- Barts NHS Foundation Trust
- North West Anglia NHS Trust
- West Hertfordshire NHSTrust.
Current part Consultant practice split between at the North East London NHS Centre and The London Independent Hospital (BMI) seeing both NHS and private patients.