Mr Jack Lancer
Consultant ENT Surgeon
MB ChB (Sheffield), LRCP MRCS, FRCS (ENT)(Eng)1984, DLO
Practices at: BMI Thornbury Hospital
I qualified from Sheffield University in 1978 having decided that I wanted to be an ENT surgeon. I was senior house officer in Cambridge for a year where I learnt all of the basics of ENT and passed the DLO. After posts in both A and E and general surgery I became registrar, and then senior registrar in ENT in Sheffield. I spent six months as the Janet Nash clinical fellow in ENT in Zürich Switzerland with Professor Ugo Fisch where I learnt how to carry out advanced middle ear surgery. Along with Professor Fisch we wrote a paper on local anaesthesia for middle ear surgery, and I have since carried out over 500 stapes operations under local anaesthesia.
I was appointed to the post of ENT consultant in Rotherham in 1988 which later joined with the ENT department in Doncaster. I retired from NHS practice in 2013 having been consultant for 25 years. I have carried on in private practice since then.
As well as clinical practice I have a large medicolegal practice and regularly attend court.
I have written over 50 papers and two books and have lectured to students, nurses, medical colleagues including GP’s and also members of the legal profession. I carry out work for Sheffield University where I interview for entry into medical school and I am also an examiner of medical students for Sheffield University.
- Adult ENT only
- Routine and general ENT
- Otology, carried out 3000 major ear operations
- Including over 500 stapes operations Rhinoplasty/septorhinoplasty over 2500 operations
- I see patients who complain of hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo and other ear symptoms
- Nasal obstruction sinusitis, epistaxis (nosebleeds), Sore throat, tonsillitis, hoarseness, throat discomfort I also carry out much medicolegal work dealing with problems lying within my area of expertise, especially noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus but also general and routine ENT, dealing with cases of medical negligence, and accidents
- Nasal obstruction sinusitis, epistaxis (nosebleeds)
- Sore throat, tonsillitis, hoarseness, throat discomfort
- I also carry out much medicolegal work dealing with problems lying within my area of expertise, especially noise induced hearing loss and tinnitus but also general and routine ENT, dealing with cases of medical negligence, and accidents
- European Academy of facial plastic surgery
- Royal Society of medicine
- Politzer Society
- ENT UK
- All aspects of ENT including adult and paediatric
- Primarily an Otologist, especially dealing with the surgical treatment of conductive hearing losses (Ossiculoplasy, stapedectomy, mastoidectomy, myringoplasty)
- Facial plastic surgery
- Bat ear surgery
- Fellow Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Member European Academy of Facial Plastic Surgery
- Member Politzer Society
- Member of Numerous Medico-legal Organisations
- Member Royal Society of Medicine
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)