He was awarded the Freeman Prize in year 2013-14 and RLHOTS travelling fellowship 2017 to Steadman clinic & US Olympic institute, Vail Colarado and Harvard shoulder unit (Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston).
After becoming fellow to the Royal college of Surgeons of England in 2017, Jagwant secured a prestigious fellowship at the Internationally renowned Wrightington hospital, where he was awarded the John Charnley gold medal in year 2018.
Here he worked with leading surgeons and gained expertise in the fields of shoulder surgery, complex joint replacement surgery, elbow surgery, nerve and hand surgery. He also honed his skills in ‘wide awake’ shoulder surgery and managing shoulder and elbow trauma at Nottingham Shoulder and Elbow Unit.
The British Shoulder and Elbow Society fellowship he gained in 2018, enabled him to add to his expertise at leading North American centres, such as the Mayo Clinic, Rochester and Rothman’s Institute, Philadelphia.
He has developed interest in 3D planning and use of patient specific instrumentation for patients undergoing primary and revision shoulder replacements.
Mr Jagwant Singh takes great pride in his commitment to teaching and mentoring. He teaches regularly on surgical and trauma & orthopaedic courses ranging from courses for junior trainees to FRCS (Tr &Orth) courses.
He heads the junior trainees’ teaching and education in his unit and is involved in mentoring trainees regularly. Regionally and nationally, he is involved with the appointment and training of core surgical and trauma and orthopaedic trainees.
Currently, he works at the Lewisham and Greenwich NHS trust where he is actively involved in research, teaching and mentoring junior trainees.
He has designed and led on numerous trials including portfolio studies. Mr Singh has published extensively in peer reviewed journals and regularly presents his work internationally and nationally.
- Shoulder and elbow surgery - joint preservation, arthroscopic techniques, replacement surgery
- Upper limb trauma
- Shoulder pain and stiffness
- Shoulder impingement
- Biceps and pectoralis tendinopathy and rupture
- Rotator cuff instability surgery
- Nerve compression surgeries
- Shoulder arthritis
- Elbow arthritis
- Tennis and golfers elbow
- Upper limb fracture surgery including elbow fracture dislocations
- Wrist fractures and ligament injuries
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Medical Association
- British Orthopaedic Sports Trauma Arthroscopy Association (BOSTAA)
- European Society for Surgery of the Shoulder and the Elbow (SECEC)
- European Society for Shoulder and Elbow Rehabilitation (EUSSER)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)