Mr James Lewis
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
FRCS (Tr & Orth), MBBS (London), MSc in Orthopaedic Engineering (Distinction)
Practices at: BMI Goring Hall Hospital
Teaches locally and nationally at the Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital. National trainer for Partial knee resurfacing. A recent international visit to the USA to learn about custom total and partial knee resurfacing / replacement with further clinical training in Germany 2012.
Mr Lewis believes strongly in providing the highest standard of orthopaedic surgery, using minimally invasive surgery, the latest technology where appropriate for example custom made implants from patients’ own CT scans. He has developed and delivered an award winning enhanced recovery programme with top 1 and 2% length of stay for Knee and Hip replacement surgery. He has an exceptionally low infection rate.
All major knee resurfacing or replacement surgery is carried out with the award winning enhanced recovery program. This allows walking 3 hours post surgery as a routine and sitting out for one’s meal on the day of operation.
Post discharge aftercare joint replacement / resurfacing package including 6 sessions of physiotherapy and access to hydrotherapy at the Sussex Rehabilitation Centre.
- NEW Custom Partial Knee resurfacing / replacement: (day case – walk in walk out). I have carried out the first day-case custom partial knee resurfacing / replacement in the UK.
- Standard Knee replacement
- Joint preservation surgery
- Leg realignment osteotomy (Puddu)
- Meniscal implant (Actifit)
- Arthroscopy (repair and partial trimming) with complimentary video live recording.
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction (day case – arthroscopic hamstring technique with anatomical femoral tunnel position, endo-button fixation)
- Knee-cap (Patello-femoral) surgery – re-alignment, stabilisation and resurfacing. NEW Platelet Rich Plasma injections using the Arthrex double syringe system. This has a role for early wear, and sports injuries
Hip conditions are managed with detailed investigation and assessment.
- British Association for Surgery of the Knee
- British Hip Society
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)