Miss Jane Webber
Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon
MB BS(Hons), FRAC(Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Saxon Clinic
Her practice in lower limb surgery includes hip surgery. She is based in Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, where she lives with her husband and daughter.
Miss Webber qualified in medicine from St George’s hospital Medical school in 1992 and undertook her early surgical training there and at St Bartholomew’s hospital. During this time she gained a lot of experience in many different surgical disciplines as diverse as ophthalmology and cardiothoracic surgery in addition to Orthopaedics.
Miss Webber undertook Higher Surgical Training in all aspects of trauma and orthopaedic surgery on the Cambridge East of England Higher Surgical training programme. She was the first female trainee there to gain her Certificate of Completion of Training (CCT) in Trauma and Orthopaedics Surgery in 2006.
Towards the latter half of this training Miss Webber developed a strong interest in lower limb reconstructive surgery including hip and knee arthroplasty and revision surgery. This led her to undertake fellowship training in arthroplasty and revision at Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. This prestigious fellowship offers high volumes of operative training and is often held by international trainees form Europe and worldwide.
Miss Webber has a strong interest in the development and training of Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeons of the future both regionally and nationally. She was previously a member of the Oxford Core Surgical training committee and is now leads the Higher Surgical Training Programme in the Oxford region as Training Programme Director for Trauma and Orthopaedics. This commitment includes the national selection and assessment of trainee surgeons and participation in National Programme Directors Committee for Trauma and Orthopaedic surgery.
Miss Webber runs a weekly clinic for private insured, self-funding patients and NHS patients. To book an appointment please call 01908 665533 and speak to a member of the appointments team.
- Trauma and orthopaedic surgery
Special clinical interests:
- Hip replacement including revision hip replacements
- Knee replacement including partial knee replacements and revisions
- Arthroscopic surgery including meniscal and chondral injuries
- Trauma surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS)
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Hospital Consultants and Specialists Committee
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- Trauma and Orthopaedic Training Programme Directors Forum
Alongside her clinical practice, Miss Webber’s main interest lies in the arena of surgical training both at core surgical and higher surgical training levels. She has acted as clinical and assigned educational supervisor to a large number of trainees and has participated in national selection of trainees into surgery.
She sits on the Training Programme Committee, surgical board meetings and trainee assessments In Oxford. She is currently the Royal College of Surgeons Surgical Tutor for Milton Keynes University Hospital and the Training programme Director for Trauma and Orthopaedic Training for the Oxford region.
In addition she is a clinical appraiser for all grades and specialities of medical staff at Milton Keynes University Hospital.
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon at Milton Keynes University hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Surgical Tutor Milton Keynes University Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
- Training Programme Director in Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgery for the Oxford Higher Surgical Training Programme
- Health Education Thames Valley Region
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)