Dr Janet Barlow qualified from Bristol University in 1985 and then completed training in general practice. She has worked as a GP since 1991 and has worked at the Winterbourne Hospital since 2003.
Dr Janet Barlow runs private GP clinics every Thursday at the Winterbourne Hospital offering appointments, all forms of medicals and health screenings. This can provide fast access services if you are unable to see your regular GP, would like more time to discuss your health concerns, or are in need of a second opinion.
Janet offers a confidential service that can be tailored to your individual needs, giving you the opportunity to discuss any concerns you may have about your health.
Services which Dr Barlow offers are:
- Private GP services
- Well woman clinic
- Well man clinic
- Cervical smear
- Bespoke health screening tailored to your needs
- Full bespoke health assessment which includes:
- 90 minutes with an experienced doctor
- Full medical history to discuss any concerns, problems and symptoms
- Lifestyle assessment
- Review of medication
- Family history
- Height and weight measurement, body mass index and waist to hip ratio
- Urine analysis
- Blood biochemistry and haematology profile
- Liver function tests
- Diabetes tests
- Cholesterol and other lipid levels
- Prostate cancer blood test (PSA) for men over 50
- Lung function tests (spirometry)
- Blood pressure measurement
- Resting ECG
- Cardiovascular risk score
- Full physical examination
- Breast examination for women
- Testicular examination for men
- Pelvic examination and cervical smear for women if requested. The pathology charge for this will be invoiced separately by the lab.
- Prostate examination for men over 50 if requested
Any other blood tests, x-rays or scans can be arranged if necessary.
You can find out more about Dr Janet Barlow’s services at the Health Screening Dorset website.