Mr Jason Auld
Consultant Orthopaedic & Trauma Surgeon
MBBS, BSc, FRCS (Tr&Orth)
Practices at: BMI Three Shires Hospital
Mr Auld was appointed as a Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon in Northampton in 2005. He completed his medical training in London in 1992 and went on to gain specialist Trauma and Orthopaedic accreditation in 2003, after completing his Higher Surgical Training at the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre in Oxford. Further subspecialist Fellowship experience in hip and knee surgery was undertaken in Sydney, Australia in 2004.
Mr Auld is committed to providing consistently high-quality service and care for his patients. Everyone is treated on an individual and personal basis and he allows time to fully discuss the condition and treatment options before recommending any course of action. Patients undergoing surgery have the reassurance of at least two outpatient appointments prior to the surgery taking place. This allows opportunity to ask all the questions you might have and ensure all your needs are met.
Mr Auld understands having an operation can be a daunting prospect and he takes the time to reassure all of his patients and address any of their concerns. In his practice he employs the use of modern anaesthetic and surgical techniques which deliver the most rapid return to fitness and improved health. He will only use surgical implants with proven excellent long-term results which also help the patient to maintain optimal movement and function. Mr Auld enrols all his patients in an internet-based outcome scoring system to allow for long term follow-up after surgery and ensure that any concerns can be addressed.
Most importantly, Mr Auld is honest in his approach. If the current scientific evidence is that a patient’s condition cannot be helped by surgery, he will advise accordingly.
For further information about Mr Auld you can visit his website: www.northamptonhipandkneesurgery.co.uk.
- Primary and revision hip and knee replacement
- Cartilage and ligament reconstruction surgery in the knee
- Hip replacement in young patients
- Surgical and conservative management of fractures of the lower and upper limbs
Special Clinical Interests:
- Sports injuries
- Arthritic knee
- Hip pain
- Knee pain
- Keyhole surgery (arthroscopy) of the knee
- Joint pain injections (Cortisone)
- Removal of hardware/ metalwork following surgery for fractured bones
- Patella dislocations (knee dislocation)
- Joint pain
- Primary hip replacement
- Revision hip replacement
- Primary knee replacement
- Revision knee replacement
- Cartilage surgery in the knee
- Anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction (ACL reconstruction)
- Hip replacement in younger patients
- Surgical and conservative management of fractures of the lower and upper limb
- Enhanced recovery following hip and knee replacement surgery
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England (FRCS Eng)
- Consultant Trauma and Orthopaedic Surgeon, Northampton General Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)