Mr Jay Chatterjee
Consultant Gynaecologist and Gynae-oncology surgeon
MRCOG, DFSRH, PhD(London), FICP, CCT in Obstetrics and Gynaecology and Gynae-oncology, 2015
Practices at: BMI Mount Alvernia Hospital
Mr Chatterjee provides all aspect of surgical gynaecological and Gynaecological-oncological care. He is internationally known for his surgical expertise in advanced open abdominal and laparoscopic/robotic operative skills. He is skilled in advanced robotic surgery and fertility preserving surgery in gynaecological cancers. Mr Chatterjee is an expert and BSCCP accredited trainer in colposcopy.
Mr Chatterjee trained and worked in some of most renowned teaching hospitals in London and acquired vast experience in managing an array of gynaecological conditions.
Mr Chatterjee did his academic doctoral program at the prestigious Imperial College, London (Division of Surgery and Cancer, Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology, Hammersmith Hospital campus). His PhD focussed on an inhibitory T cell pathway, involved in dampening immune responses in ovarian Cancer. He has published extensively in his chosen field of specialisation.
Mr Chatterjee is an avid supporter of education and his primary research interest is in translational research, aimed at promoting new biomarker discovery and validation in gynaecological cancers. He has published on clinical interventions improving patient outcomes from gynaecological cancers. He is also part of the team involved in research in Human Uterine transplant in the UK. He is presently working to develop genomic, proteomic and immunomic characterisation of tumours, so that novel therapies can be applied as part of personalised cancer care to improve survival from gynaecological cancers.
Known for his patient-centred focus, Mr Chatterjee is known for putting an onus on the most up-to-date clinical techniques in order to ensure that he can provide the utmost in patient care.
- British Society of Gynaecological Endoscopy
- British Gynaecological Cancer Society
- British Association of Cancer Research
- European Association of Cancer Research
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology
- Society for European Robotic Gynaecological Surgery
- The Victor Bonney Society
- The Blair Bell Research Society
- British Medical Association
- Gynaecological Cancers
- Heavy and Irregular periods
- Ovarian cysts/masses
- Cervical cancer screening and treatment
- Fertilty sparing surgery
- Vulval disorders
- Genetic gynaecological cancers
- Painful periods
- Sexual dysfunction
- Hormone Replacement
- Premature Ovarian Failure
- Fertility Sparing Surgery in Gynaecological Cancers
- Robotic Surgeon
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgeon
- Genetic Oncology
- Genitourinary Medicine (GUM)
- Hormone replacement therapy
- Ovarian/Cervical/Vulval/Uterine Cancer
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)