Dr John Alexander Saunders
MB BS MRCP
Practices at: BMI Bath Clinic
Dr Saunders is a Consultant Gastroenterologist and Physician at the Royal United Hospital, Bath and practices privately at the BMI Bath Clinic.
He qualified from St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London School of Medicine and undertook his training in London and latterly in Wessex. This provided him with broad training in all aspects of gastroenterology and hepatology.
He spent 3 years as a clinical research fellow and developed a particular interest in inflammatory bowel disease (Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis) and clinical nutrition. He is clinical lead for inflammatory bowel disease at the Royal United Hospital.
He performs all endoscopic procedures including; gastroscopy (endoscopy of the oesophagus and stomach), colonoscopy (endoscopy of the entire large bowel) and flexible sigmoidoscopy (endoscopy of the lower large bowel). He closely monitors his success and complication rates on a regular basis.
- Endoscopy indigestion and reflux
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Inflammatory bowel disease nutrition
- Dyspepsia (indigestion), gastro-oesophageal reflux disease (heartburn)
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Coeliac disease
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease – Crohn’s disease and Ulcerative Colitis
- Gastrointestinal cancers, including bowel cancer
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Unexplained abdominal pain and diarrhoea
- Endoscopy (gastroscopy, colonoscopy and sigmoidoscopy)
- British Society of Gastroenterology
- Member of the Royal College of Physicians
- British Association of Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition
- British Medical Association
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)