Dr John Bladen
Consultant Ophthalmologist and Oculoplastic Surgeon
MBBS, BSc, MRCS, PGCert, PhD, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI Chelsfield Park Hospital
John studied Medicine at Imperial College London, where he also gained a BSc in Pharmacology, qualifying in 2003. He attained his Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) in 2006 and became a Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FRCOphth) in 2014.
John won the prestigious Fight for Sight Clinical Research Fellowship for his PhD investigating the molecular basis of eyelid cancer. He was awarded his PhD in Cancer Genomics in early 2017 and won 9 prizes for his outstanding international research including the prestigious Moorfields Research Medal in 2017 and twice winner of the British Oculoplastic Surgical Society Best Scientific Paper Prize.John specialises in all aspects of oculoplastic, orbital and cataract surgery. He is committed to providing safe and effective treatments to patients requiring cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery and management of lacrimal disease including endonasal treatment of the watery eye. He provides personalized cancer treatments for each patient as a gold standard approach.
- Member of the British Oculoplastic Surgery Society (BOPSS)
- Fellow of the Royal College of Ophthalmologists (FRCOphth)
- Member of the General Medical Council (GMC)
- Member of the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (AVRO)
- Member of the Medical Protection Society
Specialist in Oculoplastic and Orbital surgery including:
- Adult and paediatric general ophthalmology (eyelid lumps, red eye, dry eye, blepharitis, floaters)
- Cataract Surgery
- Eye and facial wrinkles and lines including botulinum A toxin
- Cosmetic and reconstructive eyelid surgery including eyelid lifts (blepharoplasty)
- Droopy eyelids (ptosis surgery)
- Watering eye and the management of lacrimal disease including endonasal surgery
- Eyelid cancer including frozen margin controlled excision
- Thyroid eye disease
- Orbital surgery
- Bells palsy (facial nerve) ocular rehabilitation
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- Princess Royal University Hospital (PRUH) - King's College Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)