Mr Carey is the lead Cardiac surgeon at University Hospital of South Manchester, he is dedicated to the care of cardiac surgery patients in the Greater Manchester area and beyond.
He has a specialist interest in providing urgent and emergency cardiac care. Mr Carey has been the lead for cardiac developments at the South Manchester site and the building of the North West Cardiac Centre. He has an interest in service transformation and new hospital developments to provide the gold standard of medical care for patients.
- University College Dublin , Ireland (MB BCh BAO, 1984)
- Royal College of Surgeons of Ireland (FRCS, 1988)
- Vanderbilt University, Tennessee, USA & University College Dublin, Ireland (MCh, 1996)
- Specialist Registrar, Northern Deanery, United Kingdom
- CT Surgery Intercollegiate Examination (FRCS CTh, 1998)
- Consultant appointment, UHSM, Wythenshawe Hospital (September 11th, 2000)