Mr John Steven Budd
Consultant General & Vascular Surgeon
BSc., MB.BS., FRCS., MD
Practices at: BMI Bath Clinic
John Budd was appointed as a consultant surgeon at the Royal United Hospital (RUH) in Bath in 1993.
He has a particular interest in day case surgery and especially in day case hernia repair under local anaesthetic. Over the last 10 years he has performed well over 1000 hernia repairs under local anaesthetic.
He has been an examiner and appraiser for the Royal College of Surgeons of England since 2000 and is actively involved in teaching both medical students and junior doctors.
Mr Budd is committed to ensuring a very high standard of care for his patients by delivering a streamlined and stress-free patient treatment pathway. This is maintained by regular audit and patient feedback.
Selected career highlights
- Over 1000 hernia repairs over the last 10 years without any recurrences.
- Consultant surgeon, since Oct 1993
- Surgical examiner, Royal College of Surgeons, since June 2000
- Clinical Director Royal United Hospital Bath, since 2000 - 2006
- I have a specific interest in local anaesthetic hernia surgery
- I provide a comprehensive service for all vascular surgery procedures including carotid and aortic surgery together with all treatment modalities in the treatment of varicose veins. I also provide treatments for hyperhidrosis.
- I also have an interest in general paediatric surgery and endocrine surgery
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain and Ireland
- Vascular Society
- British Association of Paediatric Surgeons
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)