He qualified in Medicine MBChBEd from Edinburgh University in 1997. He subsequently trained at Glasgow, Manchester, Cambridge and Oxford teaching hospitals. In the latter stages he completed the Higher Specialist Plastic surgery program on the Cambridge University rotation, obtaining the Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons of England FRCS(Plast) in 2012.
In addition, he has undertaken further specialist fellowship training in:
- Skin cancer, Melanoma and Surgical Oncology - Sydney Melanoma Unit, Australia
- Microsurgical and Cosmetic fellowship in Seoul, South Korea. South Korea boasts the most advanced and innovative microsurgical and cosmetic procedures.
Given both his broad and specialist training, Mr Kim is happy to see and manage the full range of Plastic and Reconstructive problems. He also offers the full range of Cosmetic Surgery tailored to your needs in a friendly and professional manner. His goal is to help you achieve the best results and make your surgical experience as easy and comfortable as possible.
Mr Kim has been awarded an Academic Senior Clinical Lecturership in the Department of Cellular Medicine at Newcastle University Medical School. Here he undertakes World Class laboratory based research into Malignant melanoma and wound healing.
Mr Kim is supervisor to PhD, BSc and MRes degree postgraduate research fellows. He is principal investigator in molecular biology research, investigating the interplay of Autophagy and Lymphatic endothelial cell metabolism with Malignant Melanoma spread and metastases.
He was awarded the “Young Cancer Scientist for Translational Research” by the European Association of Cancer Research for his work on ‘in vivo’ cancer models.
He has published widely in many international peer review journals with invited reviews from Seminars in Cancer Biology and Tumor Biology. He is a reviewer for top international journals including Nature Reviews Cancer and Differentiation, JPRAS, British Journal of Dermatology to name a few. He has presented worldwide, been invited to chair and speak at International conferences as well as receiving several international conference awards and scholarships.
Mr Kim also has a strong commitment to both research, training and education having been awarded Fellow status from the Higher Education Academy (FHEA) and Academy of Medical educators (FAcadMed) for his teaching and educational activities.
- Skin Cancer, melanoma and surgical oncology. Moles, skin tags, cysts and wart removal.
- Non-invasive facial rejuvenation - injectables, fillers
- Cosmetic surgery - breast reduction, breast augmentation, breast uplift, breast implant removal/exchange, inverted nipple correction , breast reconstruction, eyelid surgery, prominent ear correction and rhinoplasty.
- Body contouring - liposuction, abdominoplasty, gynaecomastia, arm lifts, thigh lifts and scar revision.
- Hand surgery - Dupuytren’s disease, carpal tunnel surgery, arthritis injections, trigger finger surgery.
- Royal College of Surgeons of England (RCSEng)
- British Association of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeons (BAPRAS)
- General Medical Council (GMC)
- Academy of Medical Educators (AOME)
- Higher Education Academy (HEA)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)