Mr Joseph Ring
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
BSC, MBChB, MRCS, FRCS, PGCertED
Practices at: BMI The Beaumont Hospital
This includes foot pain, deformity, arthritis, sports injuries, diabetic foot disease and trauma. He has experience in the use of arthroscopy/minimally invasive surgery (keyhole) and arthroplasty (joint replacement), Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) injections and Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT).
Mr Ring graduated from Manchester University in 2006. After this he undertook his higher surgical training in the North West. He became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS) in 2009, and an Intercollegiate Fellow in Trauma and Orthopaedics (FRCS) in 2016 and was awarded his Certificate of Completion of Specialist Surgical Training (CCT) in 2017.
Following this he completed two Fellowships at the Northern General Hospital in Sheffield, one in Foot and Ankle surgery and the other in Trauma and Limb Reconstruction. Mr Ring was appointed as a Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon at the Royal Bolton Hospital in January 2019.
Mr Ring is actively involved in the training of junior doctors within the NHS and has gained his Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education (PGCertEd). He is also involved in research and has published a number of papers in peer reviewed journals, as well as presenting at regional and national meetings.
Mr Ring has a keen interest in medical leadership, quality improvement and patient safety.
All aspects of Foot and Ankle surgery, including the assessment, non-surgical and surgical management of a wide range of foot and ankle pathologies, both elective and trauma.
- Achilles tendon disorders – tendinopathy and ruptures
- Platelet Rich Plasma Injections (PRP)
- Extracorporeal Shockwave Therapy (ESWT)
- Foot and ankle pain and deformity
- Bunion and toe surgery
- Arthritis of the foot and ankle
- Arthroscopy and minimally invasive surgery
- Joint fusion and replacement
- Foot and ankle fractures
- Sports injuries foot and ankle
- Heel pain (Plantar Fasciitis)
- Ingrowing toenails
- Lumps, bumps, cysts and ganglions
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Orthopaedic Foot and Ankle Association (BOFAS)
- Royal College of Surgeons England
- European Foot and Ankle Society (EFAS)
- Royal Bolton Hospital
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)