Mr Justin Alberts
Consultant in General Surgery & Coloproctology
BSc (Hons) MBBS MD FRCS (Eng) FRCS (Gen Surg)
Practices at: BMI St Edmunds Hospital
Mr Alberts’ higher surgical training was based in Wessex but he spent some time at St Mark’s Hospital in London and also in Oxford. He was privaleged to have been trained in rectal cancer surgery by Professor Bill Heald (the ‘Father’ of TME surgery).
Mr Alberts specialises in all areas of coloproctology including colon and rectal cancer surgery, inflammatory bowel disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease), diverticular disease and minor anorectal conditions such as haemorrhoids. He has been formally trained in modern techniques for the management of haemorrhoids, which include PPH (stapled haemorrhoidectomy) and the HALO procedure.
Mr Alberts also specialises in anal fissures, fistulas and rectal prolapse and he has an interest in the management of complicated pilonidal sinus disease.
- Colon and rectal cancer surgery
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Diverticular disease (ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease)
- Modern management of haemorrhoids
- Management of complicated pilonidal sinus disease
- Anal fissures and fistulas
- Rectal prolapse
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain & Ireland
- Association of Surgeons of Great Britain & Ireland
- British Medical Association
- Royal Society of Medicine (Surgery, Oncology & Colorectal Chapters)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)