Mr Kamran Ahmed
Consultant Urological Surgeon; Senior Clinical Lecturer (Associate Professor)
MBBS, MRCS, PhD, FRCS Urol
Practices at: BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
Mr Ahmed has also got expertise in managing lower urinary tract disorders (due to enlarged prostate or bladder dysfunction, or incontinence), recurrent urinary tract infections (cystitis), pelvic pain and chronic prostatitis, recurrent urinary tract infections (cystitis, kidney infections), and other general benign & malignant urology conditions (blood in urine, abnormal PSA).
Having completed his specialist urology training in London, he undertook clinical fellowship training at the University College London Hospital in andrology, men’s reconstructive surgery, and infertility management. He has received a number of awards and clinical/educational grants from various organisations including European Association of Urology, British Association of Urological Surgeons, Royal College of Surgeons, NIHR, Coptcoat Charity, and Pelican Group. He holds a PhD degree in Surgical Education from Imperial College London. He is also a NHS Clinical Entrepreneur.
Mr Ahmed has published widely on all aspects of urology and training with nearly 200 peer reviewed publications and around 300 national/international conference presentations. He is an editor/author of three urological text books and has written a number of book chapters. He is the education/training lead for EULIS section of European Association of Urology (EAU), Board member of Junior ERUS - EAU and tutor on the European Urology Resident Education Programme (EUREP). Mr Ahmed has been invited as visiting professor/lecturer to institutions in the US, Europe and Middle East. He regularly reviews article for urology journals and is a member of the editorial board of BJUI.
In his practice, Kamran recognises the professional duty to treat, learn and teach focusing on safer patient care and ensures that high quality healthcare remains the priority. He believes in individualised treatment that is tailored to the patient-needs and preferences in the context of recent scientific evidence.
- General Medical Council
- All aspects of andrology, peyronie’s disease (collagenase injections and surgical correction), erectile dysfunction, penile prosthesis, micro-surgical treatment for varicocele, chronic scrotal pain, prostatitis management, management of low testosterone levels
- Male infertility management (micro TESE, vasectomy reversal, epididymis-vasostomy)
- Urethral stricture management (endoscopic and urethroplasty)
- Circumcision; Vasectomy; vasectomy reversal
- General urological disorders
- Benign prostatic hyperplasia and lower urinary tract symptoms management including TURP
- Prostate and renal cancer investigations including prostate biopsies
- Haematuria investigations and management
- Kidney stones investigations and surgery
- Laser treatment for stones and prostate (HoLEP / GreenLight)
Current NHS and /or University Posts
- King’s College Hospital, King’s Health Partners
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)