After sub-specialising in Gynaecological Oncology, she started working as a Consultant Gynaecological Oncologist at Pan-Birmingham Gynaecological Cancer Centre since 2005. This is one of the largest centres for gynaecological cancers in UK and caters for 2.2 million population and treats 600 new gynaecological cancers annually. She has developed and delivered extensive cyto-reductive surgery for advanced ovarian cancer, which has been the key for achieving the highest survival rates for ovarian cancers in UK at Birmingham (NCIN, 2017). This achievement has attracted referrals from other regions and centres for treatment under her care. She has also developed advanced laparoscopic surgery for gynaecological cancers like cervix, endometrial and early stage ovarian cancers. She has interest in fertility preserving surgery and attract referrals from other regions for this type of surgery.
Her skills are as follow:
- Complex gynae-oncology debulking surgery for advanced ovarian cancer, recurrent pelvic cancers which involves procedures like exenterations, rectosigmoid resections, splenectomy, diaphragm stripping/resections, peritonectomy, radical omentectomy
- Advanced laparoscopic surgery for cervical, uterine and early ovarian cancer which involves procedures like total laparoscopic radical hysterectomy (Wertheim’s procedure), total laparoscopic hysterectomy, pelvic lymphadenectomy and para-aortic lymphadenectomy (She has one of the largest series of laparoscopic radical hysterectomy in UK and has had Consultants from other centres coming to get trained in her theatre and she gets invited to perform similar surgery in other centres)
- Vulval surgery – radical vulvectomy with groin node dissection and plastic rotation flap reconstruction
- Fertility preserving surgery like trachelectomy –she has modified and improved the techniques from vaginal to abdominal and now laparoscopic approach. Not many centres in UK are currently doing laparoscopic radical trachelectomy
- Complex pelvic surgery for severe endometriosis and severe pelvic infection
- She also performs general gynaecological surgery which includes surgery for ovarian cyst, heavy periods, fibroids, pelvic pain, abnormal cervical smear
She has visited and travelled widely and enriched her clinical experience from visiting several reputed centres in Europe (Claudius Regaud, Toulouse), USA (Memorial Sloan Kettering, NYC), Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Boston.
She has been trained in repair of genital tract fistulae at Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. She regularly receives national and international referrals for complex surgery and has been invited to perform radical surgeries in several hospitals in India.
Gynaecological cancers with special focus on ovarian cancer, recurrent cancers, complex pelvic surgery.
Advanced laparoscopic surgery relating to uterine cancers and endometriosis
Colposcopy and treatment of abnormal smears
General gynaecological disorders relating to heavy, painful periods, fibroids, ovarian cysts, hormone replacement, polycystic ovarian disease
- BGCS (British Gynaecological Cancer Society)
- IGCS ( international Gynaecological Cancer Society)
- ESGO (European Society of Gynaecological Oncology
- AGOI ( Association of Gynaecological Oncologist of India)
- BMA (British Medical Association)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)