He obtained his primary medical qualification from the College of Medicine, the University of Nigeria. He undertook his Basic Surgical Training that incorporated many North-West England hospitals, obtaining his Surgical Fellowship in 2005.
Following this, he undertook further surgical training as a surgical resident before transferring his training to radiology, obtaining his Radiology Fellowship in 2001. He was a GI fellow at the Salford University Teaching Hospital (Now Salford Royal Foundation Trust) and attended the HPB unit of St James University Teaching Hospital, Leeds where he undertook specialist training in hepatobiliary and pancreatic imaging.
He has been a consultant Gastrointestinal, Abdominopelvic and Interventional radiologist at the North Manchester General Hospital (part of the Pennine Acute Hospitals) since 2002 during which with some pioneering surgeons he developed the Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic service, performing the first hepatobiliary and pancreatic radiological interventions in the Trust.
He is a keen teacher and has provided training to North West Radiology trainees. He has been an honorary lecturer at the University of Salford and is currently the Radiology Lead for the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme for the Pennine Trust. He has published peer reviewed papers and several book chapters.
He is a keen cyclist and a Formula 1 Motor Racing enthusiast, taking every opportunity to attend Formula One racing events all over the world.
- His special interest in Gastrointestinal, Hepatobiliary and pancreatic imaging.
- He is the Radiology Lead for the Bowel Cancer Screening Programme and drives several quality improvement activities in bowel cancer screening imaging.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Fellow of the Royal College Surgeons of Edinburgh,
- Member of the British Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Imaging,
- Member of the European Society of Gastrointestinal and Abdominal Imaging
- Member the Radiological Society of North America.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)