He completed his fellowship in upper limb surgery in the North East of England. He also completed the BOA national clinical leadership during his fellowship year. Mr Kim Chan was appointed as consultant trauma and orthopaedic surgeon, NHS Lanarkshire since July 2018.
He is committed to education at all levels including undergraduate, higher surgical and postgraduate training. He was an author for the hand viva chapter for the postgraduate orthopaedics series.
He has NHS Practise within the NHS Lanarkshire hospitals- Wishaw, Monklands and Hairmyres. He has private practice at BMI Ross Hall Hospital, Glasgow and BMI Kings Park Hospital, Stirlingshire.
His main elective practice involved upper limb surgery, shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand surgery. His trauma involvement including complex upper and lower limb surgery and general orthopaedic trauma including reconstruction. He performed majority cases as day case, which means patient can go home on the same day when it is appropriate without needing to stay overnight in the hospital. He provides the full spectrum of treatment for upper limb conditions ranging from simple injection to arthroscopic keyhole surgery and complex open surgery.
- Rotator cuff injuries and tendinitis
- Collar bone clavicle injuries
- Shoulder instability dislocation
- Shoulder arthritis
- Frozen shoulder
- Shoulder pain, stiffness and impingement
- Sports injuries including fractures, tendon and ligament injuries
- Tennis elbow
- Golfer elbow
- Elbow arthritis
- Cubital tunnel syndrome
Hand and Wrist
- Dupuytren's contracture of hands
- Carpal tunnel syndrome
- Trigger fingers and thumb
- Lumps and bumps in the hands
- Hand and wrist tendonitis
- Thumb arthritis
- Finger joints arthritis requiring fusion or replacement
- Wrist and hand fractures
- British Orthopaedic Association (BOA)
- British Elbow and Shoulder Society (BESS)
- Medical Protection Society (MPS)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)