Mr Kingshuk Majumder
Consultant in Gynaecology, Reproductive Medicine and Surgery
MBBS, MD, MRCOG, Fellowship and PG Dip. (Advanced laparoscopic surgery, Australia and UK)
Practices at: BMI The Alexandra Hospital
Dr Majumder is the lead for the North West pelvic pain and endometriosis centre at St. Mary’s Hospital, Manchester University Hospitals, Manchester which is one of the largest tertiary endometriosis referral centres in the UK. He is also a part of the North West Gynaecology team which provides private gynaecology services encompassing the entire gamut of gynaecologic specialties.
Dr Majumder is an appraiser to colleagues and supervisor to post-graduate trainees in gynaecology. He is a trainer in advanced laparoscopic surgery and offers a 2-year fellowship to senior Gynaecology trainees who wish to pursue a career in advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) surgery. Dr Majumder is interested in Neuropelveology and is currently undergoing training in this new area of Gynaecology which deals with pathology (including endometriosis) of pelvic nerves.
Dr Majumder offers consultations for fertility problems and miscarriage and offers fertility enhancing laparoscopic surgery. He is part of the IVF (assisted conception) consultant team at St. Mary’s Hospital and Manchester Fertility.
Dr Majumder is the principal investigator for two clinical trials at St. Mary’s Hospital: Pre-Empt trial (prevent recurrence of pelvic endometriosis) and GaPP2.
- Advanced laparoscopic (keyhole) and hysteroscopic (uterine) surgery – keyhole hysterectomy and removal of fibroids
- Excisional surgery for Endometriosis and management of pelvic pain
- Reproductive medicine and surgery (infertility)
- Menstrual disorders (period problems) and lack of periods (Amenorrhoea)
- Management of ovarian cysts and tubal surgery
- Investigation and treatment of infertility – Including assessment of ovarian egg reserve, Donor egg and donor sperm treatment, IVF / ICSI treatment
- Polycystic ovaries
- Medical and surgical treatment of fibroids
- Treatment of adenomyosis
- Management of miscarriage and investigation / treatment of recurrent miscarriage
- Management of uterine (womb) problems – septum, scarring inside the womb (Asherman’s syndrome)
- Reversal of sterilisation and permanent contraception (sterilisation)
- Contraception – Including insertion of Mirena coil
- Menopause advice and management (HRT) – including for reduced libido
- Management of skin conditions affecting the Vulva (itching / pain)
- Investigation and treatment of painful intercourse
- Investigation and management of abnormal vaginal discharge, pelvic infection.
- Management of lumps in the vulva (Bartholin cyst / abscess), vagina and cervix
- Women’s health check including smear tests
- Royal college of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- American Association of Gynaecologic Laparoscopists (AAGL)
- British Society of Gynaecologic Endoscopy (BSGE)
- British Fertility Society (BFS)
- Indian Society of Assisted Reproduction (ISAR)
- Medical Defence Union (MDU)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)