Mr Draviaraj has been providing patient-centred and evidence-based shoulder and elbow surgery as a consultant for 10 years.
He has completed his specialist registrar rotation in Trauma and Orthopaedics in the South Yorkshire region after which he did his fellowship in shoulder and elbow surgery in Sheffield and Derby.
Mr Draviaraj also completed a hand fellowship at the world renowned Pulvertaft hand centre in Derby.
He has been a member of the British Elbow and Shoulder Society since 2007.
- European Rheumatoid arthritis surgical society fellowship, Japan
- Aesculap traveling fellowship, Mayo Clinic
- Young consultant travelling fellowship, Antwerp, Belgium
- These travelling fellowship widened my exposure to the latest techniques in shoulder and elbow surgery and helped foster links with international experts
- Trainer of the year award in 2015, nominated by the South Yorkshire Orthopaedic trainees
- Consultations on all aspects of shoulder and elbow problems including sports injuries and fractures affecting the shoulder and elbow
- Shoulder keyhole surgery (arthroscopy) for rotator cuff tears, recurrent shoulder dislocation, SLAP tears, arthritis of the collar bone, frozen shoulder and subacromial pain
- ACJ reconstruction
- Laterjet procedure for recurrent shoulder dislocation
- Carpal tunnel decompression and cubital tunnel decompression
- All types of primary and revision shoulder replacements (hemi arthroplasty, total shoulder replacement and reverse polarity shoulder replacement), the results of my replacement are recorded in the National joint registry.
- Treatment for tennis elbow and golfers elbow including PRP injections and operations
- Elbow keyhole surgery (arthroscopy) for elbow joint arthritis and for removal of loose bone from the elbow joint and treatment of stiff elbow
- Total Elbow joint replacement
- Operation for fixation of fractures of the clavicle, shoulder, humerus, elbow joint and forearm
Special clinical interest
- Sports related injuries of the shoulder
- Elbow arthroscopy for arthritis and stiffness
- Shoulder replacements
Mr Draviaraj regularly teaches trainees, general practitioners and physiotherapist on the problems affecting the shoulder and elbow joints
- Reverse shoulder replacement for proximal humerus fractures
- Elbow arthroscopy for the management of arthritis