Mr Laurence Whitefield
MBBS Lond, FRCOphth
Practices at: BMI The Blackheath Hospital
He completed a fellowship in retinal diseases at Moorfields Eye Hospital before taking up a consultant post at Queen Mary’s Hospital, Sidcup in 1999.
Mr Whitefield has a special interest in cataract surgery and has been involved in phacoemulsification small incision surgery since the early 90s. He runs instructional courses for surgeons in training at both beginner and advanced levels. He has experience of a wide range of intraocular lens types and offers bespoke cataract surgery according to his patient’s needs.
Mr Whitefield has an interest in retinal diseases and retinal imaging. He runs age related macular disease services and diabetic retinopathy services at South London Healthcare Trust.
- Ultra small incision refractive phacoemulsification cataract surgery
- Aspheric intraocular lenses – to minimize spherical aberrations
- Toric intraocular lenses – to correct astigmatism
- Multifocal intraocular lenses – to correct presbyopic symptoms
- Age related macular degeneration
- Diabetic retinopathy
- Retinal vascular diseases
- Facilities for OCT (optical coherence tomography) scanning, fluorescein angiography
- Lintraocular injections (Lucentis, Avastin, Ozurdex)
- Laser treatments
- External eye diseases
- Eyelid lumps, bumps and malposition
- Eye emergencies
- Fellow of Royal College of Ophthalmologists – London
- Specialist Registration General Medical Council (GMC) UK
- Member of Medical Defence Union (MDU)
- Member of British Medical Association (BMA)
Do you suffer from cataracts?
Listen to the advice from Consultant Ophthalmic Surgeon, Mr Laurence Whitefield from BMI The Blackheath Hospital, he will be able to tell you what a cataract is and what treatment options are available.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)