Mr Liviu Marius Hanu-Cernat
Consultant Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
DM MB ChB FDSRCS MRCS FRCS (OMFS) Cert Med Ed
Practices at: BMI The Meriden Hospital
In 2000 he obtained a further degree in Medicine from the University of Birmingham and on completion of his general surgical training in Australia and the UK became a Member of the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2005.
He embarked on specialist training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery and achieved his specialty Fellowship with the Royal College of Surgeons of England in 2009.
Mr Hanu-Cernat has a strong interest in scientific clinical research and his work resulted in numerous presentations at national and international conferences as well as original published articles.
In 2007 he obtained a Certificate in Postgraduate Medical Education from the University of Cardiff and is currently involved in undergraduate instruction of medical and dental students and postgraduate training of oral and maxillofacial surgical trainees.
Clinical InterestsWithin oral and maxillofacial surgery, Liviu Hanu-Cerna has an interest in:
- Treatment of facial trauma and complications resulting from trauma
- Benign salivary gland disease including lumps, sialadenitis, stones and dry mouth conditions; endoscopic salivary gland surgery
- Deformity of the jaws, orthodontic and orthognathic surgery
- Dento-alveolar surgery
- Oral medicine and the management mouth lesions such as lumps, ulcers and white and red patches
- Oral and facial pain including jaw joint conditions, trigeminal neuralgia, atypical mouth and facial pain and osteonecrosis of the jaws
- Management of skin lesions in the head and neck area and scar revision
- Fellow of the Faculty of Dental Surgery
- The Royal College of Surgeons England
- European Association for Cranio-Maxillofacial Surgery
- Fellow of the British Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- The British Medical Association
- Medical Protection Society
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)