Dr Mahalakshmi Gurumurthy
Consultant Gynaecologist & Gynaecological Oncologist
Practices at: BMI Albyn Hospital
She specialises in the field of gynaecological cancers and regularly sees women with suspected gynaecological cancer and pre-cancerous lesions. She also manages women with benign ovarian cysts and large fibroids.
Dr Gurumurthy is also an accredited Colposcopist and sees women with abnormal cervical smears and vulval conditions.
She has trained in robotics surgery and has played an important role in introducing robotics surgery in Gynaecological Oncology to North East Scotland.
She performs complex laparoscopic and open surgeries for women with benign and malignant gynaecological problems.
She reviews women with family history of breast and ovarian cancer and offers prophylactic laparoscopic surgery.
- Gynaecological cancers (Uterine/Cervical/Vulval and Ovarian)
- Colposcopy/Abnormal smears
- Vulval conditions (Any suspicious vulval lesions/Benign vulval lesions)
- Menstrual disorders; Intermenstrual and Post-coital bleeding
- Post-menopausal bleeding
- Benign and complex ovarian cysts
- Risk-reducing surgery for BRCA gene mutation and Lynch syndrome
- Advanced laparoscopic surgeries
- Advanced open pelvic surgeries
- Royal College of Obstetricians & Gynaecologists (RCOG)
- British Gynaecological oncology Society (BGCS)
- British Medical Association (BMA)
- European Society of Gynaecological oncology (ESGO)
- British Society of Colposcopy and Cervical Pathology (BSCCP)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)