Dr Mahesh Bhalme
Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist
MBBS, MSc, FRCP
Practices at: BMI The Beaumont Hospital
Dr Bhalme graduated in medicine from Mumbai University in year 2000 and underwent higher specialist gastroenterology training in North West England and advanced liver fellowship training at St James University Hospital, Leeds.
He worked as a locum consultant at the liver transplant unit in Leeds in 2013 before taking up his current post at the Royal Bolton Hospital as a Consultant Gastroenterologist & Hepatologist where he is also the Clinical Director of the service.
He is an expert at performing diagnostic and therapeutic gastroscopy (OGD), colonoscopy and ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram).
Dr Bhalme has published a number of original research posters and papers and is also a principal investigator for several clinical trials at Bolton Hospital.
Dr Bhalme is available for remote consultations Monday-Friday 6-8pm in addition to Tuesday 2-5pm face to face consultations.
- Heartburn (gastro-oesophageal reflux disease)
- Indigestion (dyspepsia)
- Abdominal pain
- Weight loss
- Iron deficiency anaemia
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD, ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease)
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Ano-rectal bleeding
- Gastro-intestinal cancers (oesophageal, stomach and colo-rectal)
- Pre-cancerous conditions like Barrett’s oesophagus and colonic polyps
- Alcohol-related liver disease
- Fatty liver
- Liver failure
- Liver cancer
- Liver transplant
- Pancreatic cancer
- Gallstone disease
- Gastroscopy (OGD) including diagnostic and therapeutic
- Colonoscopy including polypectomy
- Haemorrhoid (pile) banding
- ERCP (endoscopic retrograde cholangio-pancreatogram)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and 6 months' aftercare
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with the BMI card and spread the cost over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)