Mr Maitrey Darrad
Consultant Urological Surgeon
BSc Surgical Sciences, MBBS, MRCS, FRCS Urol
Practices at: BMI The Priory Hospital
Mr Maitrey Darrad qualified from Imperial College School of Medicine (London) in 2007 and subsequently undertook surgical training in London. He then completed 7 years of specialist training in both Yorkshire & Humberside and West Midlands urology training programmes, including working in university teaching hospitals in Sheffield, Leeds, York, Birmingham & Coventry.
Mr Darrad has a specialist interest in complex urinary tract stone disease management and was the winner of the British Association of Urological Surgeon (BAUS) Endourology Travelling Scholarship and World Congress of Endourology (WCE) Fellowship which he undertook in globally renowned kidney stone centres in Nepal, Sri Lanka and India performing minimally-invasive keyhole surgeries for large kidney stones.
He is a consultant in University Hospitals Birmingham and is one of the highest volume urinary tract stone disease surgeons in the UK performing:
- Over 60 miniaturised and conventional keyhole surgeries (PCNL) for complex renal stones
- Over 100 ureteroscopic laser stone surgeries
- And over 200 shockwave lithotripsy procedures every year.
Mr Darrad provides a comprehensive metabolic evaluation for patients that have urinary tract stone disease to help prevent recurrence.
He also performs ureteroscopic laser surgery to treat tumours of the kidney and ureter as well as for benign and malignant ureteric stricture disease.
Mr Darrad has comprehensive experience in the management of general urological conditions including prostate, bladder, and testicular cancer treatments and one-stop diagnostic clinics.
He has extensive medical and surgical experience in managing benign prostatic (BPH) and bladder diseases and lower urinary tract symptoms as well as penile and scrotal conditions.
Urinary Tract Stone Disease
- Supine Mini and Standard PCNL
- Ureteroscopic Laser Stone Surgery
- Shockwave Lithotripsy (ESWL)
- Metabolic Evaluation for Stone Prevention
Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Benign Prostate Surgery
- Urethral Stricture Disease
- Benign Bladder ConditionsUrinary Tract Infections
Urinary Tract Cancer Management
- Prostate cancer assessment and treatment
- Blood in urine assessment and treatment
- Testicular cancer assessment and treatment
Penile/ Scrotal Conditions
- Foreskin conditions
- Scrotal and testicular lumps/swellings/pain
- British Association of Urological Surgeons (BAUS)
- Royal College of Surgeons (England)
- Societe Internationale d’Urology (SIU)
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)