Dr Malcolm Prentice
Consultant in Endocrinology, Diabetes and General Medicine
BSc, MB, BS, FRCP
Practices at: BMI Shirley Oaks Hospital
He was appointed honorary clinical teacher at the University of London from 1985 and appointed FRCP in 1994. He is co-Author of the first and second UK National Guidelines for the Management of Differentiated Thyroid Cancer. He was one of the first in the UK to set up a one-stop thyroid nodule clinic with ultrasound in 1990. He initiated the National Training Course for Thyroid Ultrasound and Biopsy jointly with the support of the Royal College of Radiologists which he ran from 2005.
He has over twenty years’ experience of consultant management of acute medical emergencies and outpatient specialist endocrine, pituitary, thyroid and pregnancy endocrine clinics. He has a special interest in the management of thyroid diseases in pregnancy. He is an invited member of the UK Iodine group, a non- profit specialist group advising and lobbying for improved iodisation in the UK population and especially in women during pregnancy and breastfeeding to improve pregnancy outcomes. He has published over 30 presentations, publications or chapters. He continues to support the NHS with voluntary shiftwork for ‘Consultant Connect’ providing GPs nationwide with direct access to a consultant opinion in Endocrinology and Diabetes. He is ARSAC licensed for Radioactive Iodine I-131 therapy at St George’s Hospital.
• Thyroid nodules, goitre and thyroid cancer, thyroid ultrasound and biopsy
• Radioactive iodine therapy
• All thyroid, parathyroid, adrenal & pituitary disorders, including pituitary and adrenal tumours
• Polycystic ovaries (PCO), hirsutism, obesity and reproductive endocrinology and hypogonadism
• Sub-fertility and sexual dysfunction
• Fellow Royal College of Physicians
• British Thyroid Association (former Secretary and Committee Member)
• European Thyroid Association
• Society for Endocrinology
• The Endocrine Society (USA)
• Diabetes UK
• Association of British Clinical Diabetologists
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)