In total Mr Rashid has presented his work at eight national and fifteen international meetings including at the American Academy of Otolaryngology, the European Academy of ORL and Head & Neck Surgery and most recently at the International Federation of Otorhino Laryngeal Societies in Paris 2017. Mr Rashid has also been an important contributor to the field of ENT research with 29 peer review publications so far including in the Journal of Laryngology & Otology, Rhinology, Current Allergy & Asthma and The Bulletin of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is also an active trainer and has been a faculty member of several training courses including the ‘London FRCS (ORLHNS) Course’ as an examiner.
Mr Rashid has expertise in all aspect of adult and paediatric ear nose and throat disorders but has a particular interest in thyroid and parathyroid disease and surgery as well as salivary disease and submandibular and parotid surgery.
Mr Rashid is a caring, dynamic and enthusiastic surgeon who takes tremendous pride in caring for his patients. He has received multiple formal positive feedback from many patients and strives for the very best treatment for every single patient under his care.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Ear Nose & Throat Society
- Association of Otolaryngologists in Training
- Medical Defence Union
Clinical and Research Interests
- All aspects of adult and paediatric Ear, Nose and Throat Disorders
- Tonsillectomy/Adenoidectomy/Nasal procedures (septal/turbinate surgery)/Ear procedures (grommets/myringoplasty/wax removal)
- Diagnosis of Head & Neck cancer (neck lumps/throat/voice)
- Swallowing problems/lump in throat/reflux/catarrh
- Management of hearing loss/dizziness/vertigo/tinnitus
- Diagnosis and management of thyroid lumps/cancer including investigation and surgical treatment
- Treatment of salivary gland disease and tumours including submandibular gland and parotid gland surgery
- Medical and surgical management of sinus disease, nasal polyps, rhinitis, facial pain, nasal breathing problems, functional endoscopic sinus surgery
- Management of sleep disorders and snoring in adult and children
- Smoking cessation
- Wound Healing
- Nasal packs for epistaxis
- Nasal anaesthetic sprays
- Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
- Otitis Media with Effusion
- Cancer Targets
- Otic Barotrauma
- Otowicks for Otitis Externa
- Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Current NHS and/or University Posts
- Consultant ENT Surgeon in Bedford Hospital
- Consultant ENT Surgeon in Luton & Dunstable University Hospital
- Rashid M, Chan J, Mahalingappa YB, Bhalla RK, Karagama YG. (2011) An Audit of Adherence to SIGN Guidelines for Tonsillectomies (Accessed November 2011)
- Rashid M, Karagama YG. (2011) Study of Microbial Spread When Using Multiple-Use Nasal Anaesthetic Spray. Rhinology 49(3):281-5
- Chan J, Rashid M, Mahalingappa YB, Bhalla RK, Karagama YG. (2011) Audit on Surgical Management of Children with Otitis Media with Effusion (OME): Completion cycle, [online]
- Chan J, Rashid M, Karagama Y. (2012) An unusual case of a tonsillolith. Case Report Med 2012:587503
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)