Mr Marc E Laniado is the chairman of the prostate cancer multidisciplinary team at the HCA Princess Grace Hospital and prostate cancer lead at Wexham Park Hospital (Frimley Health). He has been a consultant since 2002 and is a prostate specialist at BMI The Princess Margaret Hospital, the HCA The Princess Grace Hospital, GenesisCare cancer, The London Clinic, Wexham Park Hospital and the Royal Berkshire Hospital.
Mr Laniado has more than 25 years experiences as a prostate specialist. He diagnoses and treats men with enlarged prostates and prostate cancer. His aim is to restore men back to normal health as quickly as possible. He trains other surgeons in robotic surgery, laser surgery, and advanced diagnostic techniques for prostate disease.
After having graduated from Guy's and St Thomas' medical school, Mr Laniado studied on urological training schemes in London and then at the Cleveland Clinic. He has since gained further recognition and awarded further qualifications and an award from The British Urological Foundation Fellowship, Gilbert Bursary and other awards. Mr Laniado grew up in North London and is married with two children. He enjoys windsurfing in Poole, tennis, running and walking his Labradors in Windsor Great Park amongst other locations.
Mr Laniado specialised in advanced and safe methods to diagnose prostate cancer and prostate enlargement (BPH).
He performs the following tests for prostate cancer, which are the most accurate and safest possible:
- Urine tests for prostate cancer (SelectMDx, ExoDx)
- Multiparametric MRI, MRI-targeted transperineal prostate biopsies using precision software fusion
He specialises in the following treatments to eradicate cancer with the least possible side effects:
- Focal therapy with HIFU to maximally preserve bladder control and erections.
- Retzius-sparing prostatectomy with NeuroSAFE (robotic prostatectomy with better and faster preservation of the structures needed for bladder control and erections (more than 1000 cases performed, 100 or more annually)
Mr Laniado also diagnoses and treats BPH or an enlarged prostate to improve urinary symptoms, preserve erections and ejaculation. He specialises in the following techniques:
- UroLift & Rezum (improved urinary symptoms, preserved sexual function)
- Aquablation (high-speed water jet ablation, computer controlled BPH treatment)
- HoLEP (en bloc technique with early apical sphincter release using the Moses dual pulse holmium laser)