Since 2002, Mr Laniado has been a consultant in London and Thames Valley region and is the Prostate Cancer lead at Wexham Park (Frimley Health). He sees patients in Windsor and Harley Street, and specialises in the rapid diagnostic techniques and minimally invasive treatments for prostate enlargement and prostate cancer. Marc receives training in medical school and university hospitals in the UK and the USA.
For prostate cancer, he specialises in the following techniques:
- Enhanced MRI scanning of the prostate to identify prostate cancer without biopsies (multiparametric-MRI)
- MRI-targeted transperineal prostate biopsies (safer, no bleeding, much more accurate)
- Focal therapy for prostate cancer (HIFU): prostate cancer treatment that has very few side-effects
- Brachytherapy for prostate cancer
- Nerve-sparing robotic prostatectomy (for men with more serious prostate cancer)
Mr Laniado also manages and treats men with urinary symptoms of the prostate. He performs the following treatments regularly:
Mr Laniado's time is dedicated almost completely to the clinical needs of his patients. He is also actively involved in the training of other consultants and trainees in urological surgery.