Mark Andrews is a BABCP Accredited CBT Therapist and offers Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitisation Reprocessing (EMDR) to people in the Kings Lynn, Spalding and Skegness areas.
Mark first trained as a mental health nurse in 1988 and has worked in both hospital and community settings. He completed his first degree in Nursing at the University of Hull in 1996 and went on to undertake a health studies degree at Fulbourn Hospital Cambridge. This was where he developed an interest in talking therapies, particularly Cognitive Behavioural Therapy. For the past three years he has studied Cognitive Behavioural Psychotherapy at the University of Derby, a renowned centre for psychotherapy training and research. In June 2010 he completed the Masters Degree in CBT.
Mark has gained experience in treating both young people and older adults with a wide range of problems which include depression; anxiety; panic; phobias; obsessive compulsive disorder (OCD); post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD); psychosis and trauma. He has also attended a number of workshops and Master Classes by leading experts, these have included:
- CBT in Mental Health by Anne Garland and Phillip Kinsella
- Relapse Prevention by Phillip Kinsella
- CBT Theory and Practice/OCD Master Class by Jack Rachman
- CBT for Obsessional Problems by Paul Salkovskis
- Compassionate Mind by Paul Gilbert
- Social Anxiety by David M Clark
- Mindfulness-based CBT with Mark Williams
- EMDR with Sandi Richman.