Dr Haq is a Consultant in Diabetes & Endocrinology at the Maidstone & Tunbridge Wells NHS Trust. Prior to taking up his full-time appointment in 2008, he worked as a Consultant at both St.George’s Hospital and Chelsea & Westminster NHS Foundation Trust. He qualified in 1995 from Guy’s and St.Thomas’s Hospital and completed his specialist training in the SW Thames region. Dr Haq has an interest in thyroid disease and completed an MD in 2007 at the Royal Marsden Hospital and Institute of Cancer Research. He has over 30 publications / review articles to his name including 3 book chapters in two leading textbooks. He has previously presented at the Royal College of Physicians, British Association of Endocrine Surgeons, European Thyroid Association and Thyroid Masterclass (UK). His research was also shortlisted for the Marie Curie prize in 2007.
Dr Haq takes pride in ensuring all of his patients are well informed of their diagnosis and management plan through active engagement.
- Professional involvement:-
- West Kent Diabetes Clinical Advisory Group (CAG) member
- Local Specialist for Kent Thyroid Support Group
- Sits on Editorial Panel of Body Language - The UK Journal of Medical Aesthetics and Antiageing
- Dr Haq for was featured in a recent article published in the November 2010 issue of Top Sante magazine "Stop your hormones swinging"
Masud is a keen sportsman and golfer and takes every opportunity to improve his handicap! He has a passion for cricket, playing for his local club who were Champions of the Surrey Downs League 3rd and 4th Division in 2008 and 2009.