Mr Matthew Barrett
Consultant Orthopaedic Surgeon
MBBCh, MRCS, FRCS (Tr & Orth)
Practices at: BMI The Winterbourne Hospital
Mr Barrett was appointed as a Trauma and Orthopaedic Consultant at Dorset County Hospital, Dorchester in 2019, where he specialises in shoulder, elbow and trauma surgery. He is actively involved in teaching and training in the department. Outside of work he enjoys running, sea swimming and kitesurfing.
- British Orthopaedic Association
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons
- British Elbow & Shoulder Society
- All aspects of shoulder and elbow problems, whether it be a new injury, sports related or a longstanding problem.
- Arthroscopic (keyhole) shoulder surgery.
- Shoulder replacement surgery.
- Development of new techniques and research.
Ways to pay
Pay for yourself
Pay for yourself with our fixed price packages. This includes your pre-assessment, treatment, follow-ups and six months of aftercare.
Pay with health insurance
We are widely recognised by health insurers. Ask your insurer about your cover and for an insurer pre-authorisation code.
Spread the cost
Pay for yourself with monthly repayments spread over 12 months, interest-free (terms and conditions apply)